Mission & Vision
Mission Statement: To invest time, talent and capital with small and middle market enterprises through the commitment of trusted relationships, experience and flexible capital in the form of subordinated debt and private equity. By offering access to capital solutions, our funds will embody our core strategy of fostering growth and building wealth for our portfolio companies and our investors.
Vision Statement: Our vision is to be a leading source of flexible capital for small and middle market businesses by creating value for our customers, investors, employees and our communities.
- Integrity - earned by acting responsibly, timely, doing the right thing and treating people fairly and with respect.
- Teamwork - working together as employees, partners, investors and customers to achieve success and growth.
- Winning - foster and embrace win-win scenarios, reacting quickly and being flexible and responsive to the needs of our markets.
- Innovation - performing with creativity and flexibility and maximizing efficiencies through technology and change.
- Respect - keeping a good reputation, adherence to compliance and regulations and understanding the responsibilities to our investors and clients.
The Tecum Story
Tecum is the Latin adverb meaning "with you”. It is also our abbreviation for Tecumseh, a great American Indian (1768-1813), who was a leader of the Indian alliance originating from the Ohio River Valley.
Tecumseh was a legendary warrior, who earned respect for both moral courage and living an uncompromising ethical life. Tecumseh was born in Chillicothe, Ohio, his name meaning shooting star. He built his reputation as a quick thinker and overcoming any odds. He was a skillful diplomat and excellent negotiator, who defended his native lands from unruly expansion and occupation. He was known for unflagging energy, dedication and vision.
Our team has adopted the Tecum name for its literal meaning as synonymous with “partnering” and as an abbreviation for a great native American, who represented high energy, integrity, dedication, and commitment to his Ohio Valley homelands, which are all part of our team’s core values and focus.